Maiale in agrodolce. Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
The name itself sounds delicious, doesn’t it? “Maiale in agrodolce.” Sweet and sour glazed pork chops. This typically Roman dish is a perfect secondo and can be prepared easily for a large number of guests. Pork’s relatively cheap and the sauce is quite simple to make.
Ingredients for four persons
Sugar (or honey)
Four pork chops
1. Evenly disperse a light coat of olive oil over the pork chops, seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Combine a cup of balsamic vinegar and three tablespoons of sugar (or honey) in a small saucepan. Heat.
3. After a couple of minutes, stir in three tablespoons of butter, add rosemary, and sliced onion (which you’ll have cooked for a minute in a separate pan until golden).
4. Grill pork chops over a medium flame. Baste each chop every two minutes until done (approximately 12-14 minutes total; careful not to dry out pork chops).
5. Once pork chops are done, serve. Drizzle remaining sauce evenly over each chop.